T P Niven Limited will be the data controller of any personal data which we collect from or about you and we are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy tells you how we use your personal data. If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your information, you can contact us using the contact details below.
Before we can contract with you, we may need to obtain certain information so that we can meet our obligations and any other applicable legislation. This information is necessary to us and if you don’t provide it, we won’t be able to contract with you.
Please read this policy carefully. By contracting with us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be used in accordance with this policy.
Information We Collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Contact Information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, VAT number, Bank Account Details.
- Details of our supplies to you and/or goods or services you supply to us
- Details of your credit history
- CCTV footage when you visit our premises
- Dashboard camera footage
How We Use Your Information:
We will only use your personal data for a legitimate purpose such as:
- For the performance of a contract or to enter into a contract with you
- For our own internal records
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported by you
- For payment verification
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For the legitimate interests of our business.
- To notify you of changes to our terms of business;
- To ensure that our premises are secure and provide a safe working environment.
Disclosure of Your Information:
When necessary we may disclose your information:
- to our IT providers and others who provide us with support services so that we can comply with our contractual obligations to you;
- to our appointed, lawyers, accountants and other professional advisers (including our bankers), to the extent that they require access to the information in order to advise us;
- if required to do so by legal requirement
- to law enforcement agencies and others in order to investigate or prevent fraud or activities believed to be illegal or otherwise in breach of applicable laws;
- to HMRC if obliged to do so by law
We will never disclose your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Storage of Your Personal Data:
- We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, as set out above in this policy, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
- We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
- You can update your personal data by contacting us.
Access to your information and correction –
- You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. We will provide you with this information within 30 days of receiving your request and verifying your identity.
- You also have a right to contact us if you believe your personal information is incorrect, or if you believe we are no longer entitled to use your personal data. We will never disclose your personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
- Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our Data Protection Policy, in line with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
- If we hold personal information about you and you no longer wish us to retain it or if you require all information about you to be erased then you may request that we remove it from our databases by writing to us at the address detailed above or emailing at email@example.com Your request will be processed within 30 days if we are legally entitled to do so.
Retaining your data –
T P Niven Limited and the information we collect about you, are subject to various regulatory and legislative requirements. We will do our best not to keep your personal information for longer than we have to for us to fulfil our obligations to you. If we can’t delete your data, we will ensure the appropriate security and organisational measures are put in place to protect the use of your data.
We try hard to ensure that your personal information is treated securely. However, if you do have a complaint, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk for further information about your rights.